Recovery Resources

Substance Use & Recovery Services (SURS) is here to support TCU students in recovery through counseling, peer support meetings, and resources both on and off-campus. Texas Christian University is an institutional member of the Association of Recovery in Higher Education (ARHE), representing our Collegiate Recovery Community.

On-Campus Support
  • Schedule an appointment with the TCU Substance Use & Recovery Services office for an individual assessment or relapse prevention meeting.
  • Individual counseling sessions are available at the Counseling and Mental Health Center. 
  • The Collegiate Recovery Community hosts a weekly open meeting for TCU students, varying in age, major, and phase of recovery, to share their experience, strength, and hope. This community also hosts alcohol-free events, including football and baseball tailgates, monthly brunches, and other events throughout the fall and spring semesters.
  • Learn about other TCU peer support communities


Off-Campus Resources and Support

Seeking treatment for a substance use disorder?
  • Make an appointment with a TCU Substance Use and Recovery Counselor.
  • Check out the SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) national treatment locator for both inpatient and outpatient treatment centers.
  • To find substance use treatment services in Texas, please call toll free 1-877-966-3784 for immediate and confidential help, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This number is a service of the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Make A Gift 

Interested in donating to the TCU Collegiate Recovery Program? 

Click Here to Make a Gift

If you prefer to send a check, you can send it to attn: Penny Bishop, TCU Box 297044, Fort Worth, TX 76129. You will make the check out to TCU, and then on the memo line write “Collegiate Recovery Community” or you may attach a note with that designation to ensure it is placed in the correct account.