Substance Use & Recovery Services (SURS) is here to support TCU students in recovery through counseling, peer support meetings, and resources both on and off-campus. Texas Christian University is an institutional member of the Association of Recovery in Higher Education (ARHE), representing our Collegiate Recovery Community.
- Schedule an appointment with the TCU Substance Use & Recovery Services office for an individual assessment or relapse prevention meeting.
- Individual counseling sessions are available at the Counseling and Mental Health Center.
- Students for Recovery Peer Support Community is a weekly open meeting for TCU students, varying in age, major, and phase of recovery, to share their experience, strength, and hope. This group also hosts alcohol-free events, including football and baseball tailgates, throughout the fall and spring semesters.
- FALL 2021 — HYBRID MEETINGS IN PERSON AND VIA ZOOM open to any TCU student with a desire to change their substance use; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting location and information
Off-Campus Resources and Support
- Fort Worth 12 step and other meeting lists
- Find an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in your city
- Find a Narcotics Anonymous meeting in your city
- Find an Al-anon meeting (for the loved ones of those struggling with substance issues)
- Young People in Recovery (YPR)
- YPR- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Referral List for counseling and testing centers in Fort Worth/near TCU
- Hear inspiring stories of individuals in recovery
Seeking treatment for a substance use disorder?
- Make an appointment with a TCU Substance Use and Recovery Counselor.
- Check out the SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) national treatment locator for both inpatient and outpatient treatment centers.
- To find substance use treatment services in Texas, please call toll free 1-877-966-3784 for immediate and confidential help, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This number is a service of the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Make A Gift
Interested in donating to the TCU Collegiate Recovery Program?
If you prefer to send a check, you can send it to attn: Penny Bishop, TCU Box 297044, Fort Worth, TX 76129. You will make the check out to TCU, and then on the memo line write “Collegiate Recovery Community” or you may attach a note with that designation to ensure it is placed in the correct account.